Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Surgery Date at Last

It has been a long and difficult time. THere are days that are really, really good and that I can get around well and others where i cannot get around good. Today is a good day.

I have to first of all thank all of our friends.. virtual, twitter, real life... for their love and support. I couldn't have done it without Dave either. He's been incredible and means more to me than anything in the world.

I went to Moffitt Cancer Center and saw someone in their Neuro clinic. I know I'm in good hands, as between this doc and the neurosurgeon i saw a few weeks ago the surgery on 23 april will go well. the Moffitt sees to think that i'll be on my feet in no time. Dave's big joke i that i'll be running home from Moffitt. I can see that happening.....

I'm a little scared, but think all is going to be OK. I can feel the love from everyone. I'll describe the process in another post once i get to know it myself. All I know is that they are going through the neck, moving some stuff around and then perhaps getting a rod put into my neck for extra support.

I cannot wait to get back on the road again. So much so that i already have a planned marathon for the fall...

No comments: